Thursday, January 24, 2013

tom ford: black orchid


Tom Ford is one of my all time favorite designers - from his iconic work with Gucci & Yves Saint Laurent to branching out with his own luxury line, it appears that anything Tom Ford touches turns to gold. When it was announced that Tom Ford was releasing a cosmetics line, I was ecstatic! Before the line made its debut, I assumed that the high quality of these luxury cosmetic products would be reflected in the price. It turned out that I was correct.

I lusted after Tom Ford cosmetics for quite some time, and looking at photos online of what the brand had to offer did nothing to stifle my want for these products, but it fueled my desire to purchase them. At the beginning of 2013, I decided that any purchase made in the new year would not be on impulse. I would only purchase things that I truly needed. I took the plunge, deciding that Tom Ford Black Orchid Lipstick was EXACTLY what I needed.


I prepped Jilly's skin with her favorite moisturizer, and went on to use Make Up Forever HD Perfecting Primer. Once the primer set in, I blended a tad of Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation onto her skin. Contouring her cheekbones with a bit of NARS bronzer in Laguna gave her a bit of color. I lined her eyes with Blackout, the darkest color in Urban Decay's NAKED 2 Palette.


The lipstick, which can be applied lightly for a sheer look or heavier for a more standout look, is a dark plum with shimmer that is subtle, almost undetectable on the lips. I applied it with Urban Decay's Good Karma lip brush for a perfectly even look. When wearing a lipstick as gorgeous as Tom Ford Black Orchid, you will want the lip to be the main focus, so keep jewelry and accessories to a minimum!

I can honestly say that Tom Ford's Black Orchid Lipstick has exceeded any expectation that I had. This will most definitely be the first of many Tom Ford Beauty purchases!



Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. looks great on you!

    www.petiteandhungry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful color. i'm intrigued and may have to look into this one.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    mobilemorsels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this lip color! Ive been wanting to try a new color like that. Lovely, have a great weekend! If you get a sec Id love for you to stop by my blog!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

    ReplyDelete
  4. UM excuse me jilly, this is BEAUTIFUL.
    stop it & share the wealth with us all.

    LOVE the lip color, you should wear it more often!

    Xx.
    Kristina


    http://femme-fe-tale.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. all right, the lipstick is pretty, but can we please talk about your cheekbones? wow! amazing bone structure here. also, sally, i need my makeup done stat! you have a talent, grrrlll :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that colour is absolutely fabulous on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...